For all those who have plans to start learning about horse racing, there are a couple of facts to remember. Unlike any other on-field game, racing of horses require high-octane energy and follow a particular rhythm. Apart from that, as you head to the tracks, you need to note the program as well as format of racing, so that you can bet on these races.
One of the most popular games since centuries, these racing events are global events. Also, its diversity can be found in the manner, in which, racing in the USA differs from that of UK.
Before you place other queries, here’s a list of ALL THAT YOU WANT TO KNOW about this event! Take a look!
Types of horse races:
The specific types of horse races are:
- Steeple chasing
- Harness racing
- Jump racing
- Quarter horse racing
- Endurance riding
A little more about them:
- Steeple chase is a specific distance race wherein the racer has to jump over diverse fences and other ditch-type obstacles.
- In harness racing, the concerned horses hold a particular gait as they move forward with a two-wheeled cart to win the race.
- One of the best games played during the span of autumn-winter-spring, jump racing requires the concerned jockey and horse to jump over certain hurdles and fences.
- Quarter horse racing, as per its name, puts up a sprinting race for the horses for close to a quarter mile.
- One of the most prominent long distance races, endurance riding requires horses to cover certain controlled distance under the command of the jockey. As per its name, it tests the endurance level of the horse.
What a successful horse racing needs:
What you must note is that racers do not use random horses for racing. There are specific horses bred for racing, and specific organizations invest ($50-$200 mostly) on them. As a novice, you must be careful about the money you are investing and returns you get. For some more quips, you can click on to FhtCl.com!